Wed 5/24 – 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM – White sangria specials $5- white wine, brandy, fresh apples, strawberries, fresh mint leaves with apple, lemon, lime juices. A very fresh start to your evening!
Thurs 5/25 – 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM – We’ve found your next pet! Indonesia is establishing a preserve for the Komodo Dragon on Rica Island, & islanders have been advised that if they decide to stay it will be at their own peril. 10 Facts about the Komodo Dragon (Jack Leith-De Graaf, author)
- Despite their bad rep as vicious man-eating beasts, Komodo dragons are responsible for hardly any fatalities at all. Mortal encounters were documented in 1974, 2000, 2007 and 2009.
- A Komodo dragon’s way of smelling carrion is so refined that it can smell something dead over five miles away and pinpoint where it is.
- Komodo dragons are indeterminate growers, which means that they will never stop growing in length or weight for as long as they live.
- Komodo dragons are huge eaters – eating as much as 80% of their body weight in one go. To put that into perspective, that’s the same as a person eating about 260 Big Macs in one go!
- Komodo dragons are venomous and the lore that their saliva contains deadly bacteria is a myth.
- Komodo dragons are notorious for not being picky about what they eat, including their young. To survive the little ones climb trees & roll around in poop, smelling so bad nothing wants to eat them.
- President George Bush, Sr. was given a male Komodo dragon by the Indonesian government. Despite the temptation to let him run amok in the Oval Office, Bush Sr. decided to donate him to the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Komodo dragons experience “parthenogenesis” or virgin births. With no males around, and in lieu of sperm, certain egg cells fertilize each other creating an embryo.
- Despite being huge beasts weighing up to 300 lbs and 12ft in length, Komodo dragons can run at speeds up to 13 mph when sprinting.
- Komoto Dragons in captivity are playful and have been seen playing with everyday objects like shoes, shovels, Frisbees and ropes.
KOMODO DRAGON THEMED COCKTAILS: KOMODO BLOODY MARIA, – Brandy, bloody Mary mix ; KOMODO HIBISCUS SOUR – Douglas Fir Brandy, Chambord, hibiscus syrup, lime; KOMODO ICED COFFEE – C&K brandy, Coffee, cream, Luxardo, bitters, nutmeg; KOMODO TEARS – Douglas Fir Brandy, fever tree tonic; KOMODO WHITE DRAGON COCKTAIL – Brandy, Cointreau, sour mix; WORLDLY FLIGHT 1/2 price
Don’t forget this is Memorial Day Weekend and yes the 2nd jewel in the Triple Crown – The Preakness Race – stay tuned for those details!